Friday, March 9, 2012

The Plan

If you have been reading this blog since the beginning (i.e. last week), you know my ultimate goal is to develop my very own computer game. As I started to think more about what it is going to take to actually create it, I realized one thing is for certain, I need a plan. What you will read below is a simple overview of the direction I am going to head. Nothing is set in stone and I most certainly welcome feedback.


Phase 1
-Write. Write as much as I can and post it on this blog. Get all of my gaming stories, loves, hates, ideas and ignorance and slap it into some posts.
-Gain some readers. Not sure how I am going to go about doing this. My initial thought would be to contact some of the bloggers I read on a regular basis and exchange links. (Thanks Werit!)


Phase 2

-Start acquiring feedback from readers about certain aspects of the game, such as setting and gameplay features.
-Unveil the core design aspects of the game.
-Begin building website for the game.


Phase 3

-Assemble a super friends type team to actually get the game off the ground.
-Tweak game design and begin programming.
-Try our hand at kickstarter.com to see if we can actually get some backing.

As you can see, there are no dates or timetables as of yet. I want to be as open and as flexible as I can when it comes down to the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment